[3830] WAE CW WQ6X(@KN6NBT) Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Ron@wq6x.info
Subject: [3830] WAE CW WQ6X(@KN6NBT) Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 20:39:34 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: KN6NBT

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Ramona, Ca.
Operating Time (hrs): 10:12
Remote Operation

   80:    0     0     0
   40:    1     0     3
   20:   62    50    48
   15:   70    76    50
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  133   126   101  Total Score = 26,159

While I have run the WAE-Cw Contest remotely since 2016, I have never
encountered the correct opportunity to run the GiG as a QRP entry before.
The KN6NBT station was dark for the weekend, so I lit it up running that
5-watts into a Stepp_R yagi at about 55-ft high atop the hilltop QTH in
Ramona (Southern) California.
80-meters and 10-meters were no-shows, while one QSO was fluked on 40-meters.

I ran the 1st 2-hours using the K3/0-mini in my office.  While I could copy
EU stations on 20, they couldn't copy me.  Later when I arrived at W7AYT's QTH
I was told the Comcast internet had been down in the entire area for several
hours.  While waiting for access I took the time to implement a new Stereo
Stereo-Cw speaker system at the Concord location and wrote it up in a WQ6X
contest Blog.
Saturday, 20-meters was reasonably open with only some EU access on 15.
On Sunday, 15-meters was wide-open to Europe with 20-meters as a backup.
130 EU QSOs is not bad for a QRP operation in the Southwest corner of the USA.
The amazing thing was being able to deliver all my QTC traffic except for the
last 7 QSOs - last year I got stuck with over 50 QTC's.
I kept track of my score on the Online Score Board and was amazed when
that score zoomed into 1st place after having been in 3rd-place for so long.
Calling CQ put a number of Super stations in the log as even they went on a
Search and Pounce for unique stations like WQ6X/QRP.
LooK for a write-up on this GiG soon at: http://WQ6X.Blogspot.com