[3830] WAE CW K8LX M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW K8LX M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 14:01:46 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K8LX
Operator(s): K8LX N8EA W8ZDT
Station: K8LX

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MI

   80:   27     0    64
   40:  199    60   111
   20:  741   687    92
   15:  599   849    88
   10:   40     0    36
-------------------------
Total: 1606  1596   391  Total Score = 1,251,591

Club: Bay Area DXers

Comments:

We had thunderstorms with tornado warnings roll through Friday evening, had to
shut down for a couple hours. One lightning bolt hit the property or maybe a
close neighbor. Lost a couple ethernet switch ports, the 15M stack switch, some
fuses, and probably a few other items. Fortunately the WAE (from the DX side)
really only requires one antenna per band, so we applied bandaids where required
and continued on.

Profuse apologies to the 20M crowd for letting loose 90 minutes of unattended
CQing early Sunday morning. I wish I could somehow blame it on the lightning
hit, but alas, it was a tired-human error.

10M seems like it will need to be forcefully dragged into this cycle!