[3830] WAE CW N1LN Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bemeier@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] WAE CW N1LN Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 11:04:08 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 28
OpMode: SO2R

   80:   17     0    52
   40:  151   168    99
   20:  479   412    88
   15:  718   797    90
   10:   88    10    52
-------------------------
Total: 1453  1387   381  Total Score = 1,082,040

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

One way I do not like to end a contest is to leave points on the table. Well,
that happened in WAE this year. I had 63 available QTCs to give out.  Based on
my multiplier count, that was 25,000 unclaimed points! Must be an issue with
when I say YES to QTC requests. Short story – MY FAULT.

Other than the above observation, this was a fun contest. For me it was quite
casual, although the number of hours on the air might not suggest that. I shut
down for breakfast, lunch and dinner both Saturday and Sunday. Shut down Friday
night at 0400 and Saturday night at 0230 which probably impacted my multipliers
more than Q count. Even with that, this is my best WAE score ever. It was also
fun watching Contest Online ScoreBoard. It definitely is a motivational tool!!

As for conditions, 40 and 80 both nights had heavy QRN, 20 did not seem really
open either Saturday or Sunday until almost 1800, 15 was exceptional and it was
great to catch a nice 10 meter opening on Sunday afternoon that really added to
the multiplier count!

Finally, this was the first real contest outing for my K4D. I had a few problem
with it. This translates to the operator was not familiar enough with how to
make setup changes on the fly as with my K3S. The K4D was outstanding. As I was
somewhat SO2R, the K3S was on 15 and 40 and the K4D was on 10, 20 and 80. It was
a joy to operate.

Thanks to the organizers for another WAE. Thanks to the stations that called me
and heard me calling. I will not be on WAE SSB, but I will be back on WAE CW
next year if my schedule allows.

73,
Bruce N1LN