[3830] WAE CW NN3W(@N4RV) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, richnn3w@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW NN3W(@N4RV) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 10:55:35 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: NN3W
Operator(s): NN3W
Station: N4RV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA

   80:   64         112
   40:  309         123
   20:  637          82
   15:  658          96
   10:   90          50
-------------------------
Total: 1758  1756   473  Total Score = 1,662,122

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to Jack N4RV for hosting - my first US-based WAE since the demise of the
N3HBX superstation (RIP Poolesville!).

We had zero plans for this since I 1) didn't even think about operating WAE
until about 2 hours before the contest began, and 2) wasn't sure if Jack and I
were going to do M/S or S/O.

Top 15 meter yagi had bad SWR so I only had the single KLM at 70' along with the
Bencher Skyhawk on 20 and the KLM on 10 meters.  4 el wire yagi on 40 and
inverted vee on 80 rounded out the armory.

Bad time management on my part - should have stayed on 20 much later.  In my
mind I still think 20 goes dead 2 hours after the contest begins - not this
year.  Will need to remember that.

Stopped at 2230z Sunday.  The boredom was just too much!