[3830] WAE CW KJ6MBW Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW KJ6MBW Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 02:15:26 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: KJ6MBW
Operator(s): KJ6MBW
Station: KJ6MBW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: N California

   20:  34     0     40
   15:  38     0     34
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  72     0     74  Total Score = 5,328

Rig: IC-7200 at 100w
Ant: Multiband vertical

Reasonably good conditions on 20 and 15 m this time, with most EU signals coming
with strong polar flatter here in Northern California. Not much was happening on
10m and I had only heard NA stations on 40m when I was checking it out.

Some strong signals even with a vertical antenna here, I had probably worked
most EU big-guns with many of them on both bands. 15m was a much less stable
band with signals peaking and going to QSB rather rapidly. Missed to call some
stations due to a nearly endless QTC traffic more towards the end of the
contest, same station could be heard much weaker just a few minutes later. Once
the 15m was somewhat down several stations would not hear my calls anymore, 20m
worked better for me in such conditions.

Thanks,

Sergey