[3830] WAE CW NN7CW Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nn7cw@gmx.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW NN7CW Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 22:35:24 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: NN7CW
Operator(s): NN7CW
Station: NN7CW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 36
OpMode: SO2R

   80:   89     6    26
   40:  314   401    37
   20:  596   549    42
   15:  712   826    46
   10:   80    20    18
-------------------------
Total: 1791  1802   427  Total Score = 1,534,211

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

So far, no hurricanes in sight, so I was able to properly use all of my antennas
in WAE for the first time.

Being so close to the tropics, the low bands were very noisy. Very hard copy at
times, especially in the first hours after sunset.
80m QSO count was up by 53%. Noise levels were similar last year, but I only had
a single vertical antenna. The 4-square should be the reason for the better
result.
40m was down by 14%, despite the tower of the 40m beam being up. I think there
was more activity on 15m, so people were probably a bit less focused on 40m..?
20m was bad throughout Saturday. Very weak, fluttery signals, while showing
elevated noise levels.
15m was very good. Good signal strength and not much impacted by what was going
on on the bands below. Everyone went there.
10m showed signs of life, but was just not there yet. I heard some stations up
North working Europeans I could not hear at all. However, there were some
short-lived spotlight openings that allowed for pretty strong signals from I, F,
DL and YU. I even managed to hand over some QTCs, which was fun.

It was nice to be able to do full-time effort in the middle of August; Due to
storm preparations, my station normally is not really competitive this time of
year.

73 and CU all in CQWW in November!
Wolf, NN7CW