[3830] WAE CW K1FOC(K1ESE) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW K1FOC(K1ESE) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 22:34:27 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K1FOC
Operator(s): K1ESE
Station: W1IMD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ME
Operating Time (hrs): 21
Remote Operation

   80:   18     0    60
   40:   87    80    93
   20:  245   283    86
   15:  427   417    82
   10:   19    15    30
-------------------------
Total:  796   795   351  Total Score = 558,441

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to Paul W1IMD for the use of the great station.  It's fun when you are
loud in Europe!

Thanks to Gary W1EBM for the use of our club callsign.

This is my favorite contest.  The QTCs set this one apart.  You have decisions
to make and you interact with other operators, not just machines.  There is a
back and forth as you work with the person on the other end to be sure your QTC
messages get through.  You provide fills and adjust to the other person's
timing.  You decide who gets QTCs and when. It's more personal than other
contests.

The other twist is the bonus multipliers for 80m and 40m.  It is the most
engaging contest I operate all year.

This year was my best by far with more time, more QSOs, and more multipliers.
This betters my prior best score by 60%.

Conditions on Saturday were good.  Sunday was a let down.  Each day 20m was open
at 4:30am and 15m was open at 6am.  Ten meters was disappointing after some of
the great openings earlier this year.

I had a fun time and want to thank the contest organizers for their work and
creativity.

K1FOC (K1ESE)