[3830] WAE CW KH6AQ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, telegrapher9@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW KH6AQ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 20:57:59 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: KH6AQ
Operator(s): KH6AQ
Station: KH6AQ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: PAHOA, HI
Operating Time (hrs): 8:01

   80:    0     0     0
   40:    0     0     0
   20:   71    46    50
   15:  160   144    64
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  231   190   114  Total Score = 47,994

The propagation gods were kind this weekend. The unusually favorable KH6-EU
propagation on 20 and 15 meters made for a very fun contest. Running 100 watts
this time I was delighted with how it all went.

Running produced the vast majority of Qs making the bandmap superfluous. Next
year unassisted might be the way to go. Once again the FTdx-10 APF made the
difference on the very weak signals, probably at least 10% more Qs. 20 meter
noise was S3 (Yaesu S-units) on 20 meters and S1 on 15 meters. Last year I ran
600 watts and was able to make QSOs on 20 meters only. This year I did better
with 100 watts on 20 and 15 meters. Great propagation. Thank you DARC for an
excellent contest and I like your diabolical QTC thing. And thanks to all the
excellent European ops for your patience and for handling so many QTCs. See you
all next year, 73.

Next year:
Start earlier and stay on later during the evening openings.
Stay on later during the morning openings.

SN 78, SFI 148
A=8, K=0
Ptn flux 22
Elc Flx 1730
Bz 2.3
4 solar flares during the 'test with only a C4.78 at 18:50 Saturday morning for
me.

FTdx-10 at 100 watts
Hexbeam up 33' and uphill to Europe