[3830] MDC QP N3QE Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MDC QP N3QE Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 14:33:28 +0000
                    Maryland/DC QSO Party - 2023

Call: N3QE
Operator(s): N3QE
Station: N3QE

Class: Unlimited HP
QTH: MD

  160:
   80:   16     23
   40:   68    409
   20:   28    249
   15:    2
   10:    1
----------------------------
Total:  115    681      0  Mults = 70  Total Score = 71,870

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

"Intermission" for WAE CW for me :-)

Thanks for all the callers, ESPECIALLY the ones that managed to look up their
weird ass required category exchange.

Lots of folks complain there aren't enough Maryland stations on to make this fun
for them. At the same time all those Maryland stations that aren't on tell me
that the necessity of explaining the bizarre category exchange nearly every QSO
makes this untenable for them.

Unfortunately the organizers are OBVIOUSLY not contesters and only invent new
categories in response to requests that they simplify the exchange.

Us Marylanders would've spent on time on CW but we get swamped by WAE callers
every time we go to CW while a band is open to EU.

It used to be easy in N1MM to flip between two contests with a callsign in the
entry window but the N1MM guys "fixed" that several years ago by
making it far more difficult and slow to deal with overlapping contests. Now it
takes 15 or so seconds to flip between contests which is untenable for mixing
WAE callers in.