[3830] NAQP CW KT7E(@K7ZS) M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kevin.k7zs@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW KT7E(@K7ZS) M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2023 17:44:42 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: KT7E
Operator(s): K7ZS KI7Y KE7AUB WN6W AK7U
Station: K7ZS

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 10:15

  160:   11     4
   80:   53    13
   40:  275    49
   20:  235    49
   15:  324    50
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  899   166  Total Score = 149,234

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Team:

Comments:

It's been a while since we did the NAQP CW, so figured it was time for some CW
fun and socializing on a warm Saturday afternoon

Really disappointed that our ONLY 10m contact was 15 miles away ... where the
heck is 10m????

15m here always plays well, with the 4 over 4 stack beaming stateside.  It was
our 'money' band!

20m continues to be lethargic, and we had to wait for 40m to open here on the
West Coast ... then OF COURSE the X class flare throw the switch, which gave us
time to ALL have lunch together.  Not obligated to take a break as M/2 class,
but seemed a more productive use of our time!

Great to have the regulars here @ KT7E: Jim KI7Y and Andy KE7AUB who is rapidly
becoming a CW whiz.  First time operating here was Sam WN6W, and we got him up
to speed on N1MM's ESM method.  He's a convert now!

Kevin, with a fresh 2x1 call Kevin AK7U was here for h is FIRST TIME exposure to
CW contesting!  He rode along on the 2nd set of headphones for hours, and I
think he saw the elegance of it, and his code speed doubled in a few hours!

A nice afternoon, good to see the activity, too bad we had Ol' Sol fart on us in
the middle of the day!

Best 73 from the KT7E Gang!

Kevin K7ZS