[3830] NAQP CW K7RL Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K7RL Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2023 17:20:12 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
OpMode: 2BSIQ

  160:   11     4
   80:  119    38
   40:  231    51
   20:  430    58
   15:  380    52
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total: 1172   204  Total Score = 239,088

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Team: Deep Dixie CC Team Grits

Comments:

The first few hours of the contest were very good. After that, it went downhill
rapidly. 15m started to fade and 20m wasn't great, so I took my first break
around 22:00z hoping it would bounce back. As usual, 10m was a no-show on a
contest weekend.

Not exactly sure when the flare hit. I must have been on a break for the worst
of it, as I never experienced a radio black while I was on. But it sure explains
how crappy the bands became later in the day.

Speaking of crappy, the low bands were brutal. Horrible QRN and QSB made copy a
big challenge at times. The rapid QSB was especially bad on some stations and it
took several tries to get it - thanks for your patience!

Being the last place in the lower 48 to get dark, the transition from 20m to 40m
is never smooth. As 20m empties and 40m isn’t quite ripe, the struggle to make
Qs is real. Fortunately, 80m was pretty good (when it finally got dark), which
helped my mult total. Never heard anything on 160m east of WJ9B (Will in ID).
Never heard the big gun MT stations either. Weird.

In hindsight, I could have done a better job moving mults. To those I did move,
thank you. Hopefully, I was a mult for you too.

Congratulations to fellow team mates N4OGW, KZ5D, N5EE, W5TM, K5RM, N4PX, and
N8AA, on great scores (just to name a few). Big thanks to NN5O for organizing
our teams.

Conditions on the radio may not have been great, but it was great to work
everyone. Thanks for the Qs and the fun.

73, Mitch, K7RL