[3830] IOTA PE55TEX M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IOTA PE55TEX M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2023 17:08:54 +0000
                    IOTA Contest - 2023

Call: PE55TEX
Operator(s): PE3T DJ4MH DK2CL DK5KK DK8ZZ
Station: PE55TEX

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Texel Island, EU-038

   80:   187      39     146       28
   40:   412      54     409       43
   20:   449      72     252       65
   15:   252      49      79       30
   10:    83      19      24       11
Total:  1383     233     910      177  Total Score = 7,898,650

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

What a great weekend!
Our team (PE3T, DJ4MH, DK2CL, DK5KK and DK8ZZ) did a good effort from Texel
Island.
Our QTH was near village of De Cocksdorp, at the northern part of the island.
Despite rain on Thursday, until the begin of the contest we managed to errect
all antennas:

Beam 1 - Spiderbeam @14mH
Beam 2 - FB33 @10mH
Beam 3 - TH2-MK3 @10mH (modified TH3jr without reflector, we forgot to take it
with us :D )
40m - 2 el. Array GP Antennas East <> West and a dipole
80m - Ground plane Antenna (Spiderbeam @18mH) ans a dipole

RIG: FT991A and TS850.We had some problems with SSB modulation on TS850, sorry
about it.
2x OM6BPF low power filters
4O3A Triplexer for Beam #3
HP BPF 20/15/10m for Beam #3

Beam #3 was all the time turned to 120° and both stations had a possibility to
use it at the same time.
We planned to start on 20m SSB but, due bad condx, we moved one station to the
40m SSB.
Higher bands were not easy for us; we expected more from 15 and 10m band.

Thanks to all who helped us, especially members from DARC OV Mainz K07.
Some of them did their first EVER HF QSO middle in the contest (Veronika,
TF/DL7VS).

We really hope all other stations logged us correctly. Heard all possible
combinations:
PE55TX, PE5HSEX, PE5TEX etc etc...
S/P with such special callsign is not easy at all :-) even with fiiifthy five in

All QSLs will be send in September via auto bureau. Please don't send QSL cards
to DK8ZZ or Dutch QSL-bureau.

Thanks to all for QSOs.

73s, Zik DK8ZZ (on behalf of PE55TEX Team)