[3830] IOTA W1WBB SO(A)12Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IOTA W1WBB SO(A)12Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2023 23:30:09 +0000
                    IOTA Contest - 2023

Call: W1WBB
Operator(s): W1WBB
Station: W1WBB

Class: SO(A)12Mixed LP
QTH: NA-031

   80:   10       5        1       1
   40:   54      25        8       7
   20:  156      40       96      32
   15:   56      24       12       8
   10:    2       2
Total:  278      96      117      48  Total Score = 575,280

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

Highest score ever for me in this event, going back to 2010.  Decent conditions,
but not stellar...best 15m numbers for me though and by early evening 20m Eu
sigs were quite strong!  But never heard any Far East/South Asia at all (only
Asia IOTA logged was P3X).  Terrible Thunderstorm line came thru nearby and
rendered 40m and 80m quite difficult to use for hours -- so lousy numbers on low
bands.  Did fairly even mix of Run and S&P during my 12 hours of activity.
As usual, I posted to the on-line scoreboard to watch the horserace ... of
course, there is no competing vs. the top Eu stations in this one as they have a
huge IOTA activity advantage there.

Just over 51% of QSOs were 15-point IOTA stations.  Worked 63 unique IOTA
entities overall -- AF: 1, AS: 1, EU: 40, NA: 16, OC:3, SA: 2.

TNX and FB to W4KAZ (op. N4YDU Nate, I believe) for moving with me thru the
bands[started on 80m CW] for QSOs/IOTA mults on all 5 bands and modes except 10m
SSB -- fun stuff!!

TNX to all for the QSOs.  QSL via LoTW, Club Log and QRZ.com *ONLY*.

73, Bill W1WBB

Icom IC-7300 at 100 watts output and MFJ-929 Auto Tuner; 5-band [10m-20m]
Hexbeam (hub at 32 ft), 88 ft doublet up ~40 ft on 40m, 80m dipole sloping from
~55 ft down to 30 ft at feed; occasional use of: 40m Delta Loop (vert polarized,
apex up ~50 ft; broadside SE/NW) plus 40m corner-fed Half Square (up 30 ft;
E/W). QTH: 115 ft A.S.L.
N1MM Plus Logger, WinKeyer USB CW interface, Vibroplex paddle.

Contest: IOTA
 Band   Mode  QSOs     Pts  IOT  Pt/Q
   3.5  CW      10     110    5  11.0
   3.5  LSB      1      15    1  15.0