[3830] CQWW VHF NN4RB SOSB/6 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, NN4RB@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF NN4RB SOSB/6 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 00:31:26 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2023

Call: NN4RB
Operator(s): NN4RB
Station: NN4RB

Class: SOSB/6 LP
QTH: FM07ii
Operating Time (hrs): 1:17

    6:  12     9
    2:   0     0
-------------------
Total:  12     9  Total Score = 108

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Again, I had great ambition for this contest.  Woke up on Sunday morning with
radio, but the lightning detector was not going off like it was when I vent to
bed.  I had configured N1MM+ during the lightning of yesterday and thought I was
ready to go.  Started calling and nothing.  I discovered that every time WSJT-X
transmitted that the filter of the IC-7610 change to MID or 1200 Hz.  It doesn't
do that with just WSJT-X and JTAlert.  I did make a few contacts.  One of which
was Pete (W4WWQ) and quit to take care of some chores.  I came back in a little
after 4:00PM.  I heard Mark (N2QT) and tried to call him, but no answer.  I
looked at the radio and it was transmitting RTTY mark tone.  Now, how did that
happen.  Reset, rebooted and made a couple of setup changes and I started
transmitting FT8.  Managed to make a few more contacts including Henry (K4YCR),
before the time ran out.

Only put in 1:17 Hrs. in the chair.

Apparently, if you setup N1MM+ for two radios in N1MM+ in anticipation of making
some 2M or 70cm contacts, N1MM+ doesn't know how to route the WSJT-X control
request.  After the contest, I reconfigure N1MM+ for SO1V and all worked as
expected.  I must have ventured into an untested setup.
Rick
NN4RB

ICOM IC-7610
SteppIR 3E with 40m