[3830] ARRL FD N9NE 2A QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tfonstad@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD N9NE 2A QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 02:19:29 +0000
                    ARRL Field Day - 2023

Call: N9NE
Operator(s): KX9RT K9UW AI5IJ KD9RKG N9NE
Station: N9NE

Class: 2A QRP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 23:15

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   69     0       91
   40:  347     0       88
   20:  149     3       91
   15:   17     0       41
   10:    0     0        0
    6:    0     0       16
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  582     3      327  Total Score = 9,105

Club: QRP Pals

Comments:

"QRP Pals" ... five friends operating from my deck outside Amherst,
WI. Setup: two KX3's and one VHF Icom rig. All five watts, battery power, solar
panels. Low moxon  beam on 6M, one 40M dipole up ~35', and a 80/20M fan dipole
up ~35'. AI5IJ (Rick) flew up from Norman, OK and quickly learned to operate
FT8/4. Newly-licensed KD9RKG (Bob)made his first CW contacts ever during the
last two hours. We shut down twice due to T-storms. We gave in to the "Dark
Side" :) and made 36% of our contacts on FT8/4. Don't know how those modes
would be helpful in an emergency. At least the FT ops don't have to listed to
QRN/QRM. 15M and 10M were practically nonexistant. We powered the operators on
sloppy joes, hot dogs, potato salad, cokes, and Point Special Beer. I count this
as my all-time favorite FD since my first time in the field in 1958. Thanks,
all, for the fun!
72, Todd, N9NE  p.s. Score does not include bonus points.