[3830] All Asian CW AD5A(@AB5EB) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ad5amike@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] All Asian CW AD5A(@AB5EB) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 23:41:51 +0000
                    All Asian DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: AD5A
Operator(s): AD5A AB5EB
Station: AB5EB

Class: M/M HP
QTH: STX

   80:    1     1
   40:  143    59
   20:  201    87
   15:  195    76
   10:   10    20
-------------------
Total:  550   231  Total Score = 129,591

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

This was the final practice session for AB5EB before we go to WRTC. We set up a
M/2 station and tried at time to act like one, but there were rarely two bands
open at once. At other times when that occured, only one of us was at the
station based on other chores we had to do. So it was semi-serious at best.
However the station worked well and it was our first time to configure the
station for M/2. From that perspective it was a success.

Friday started off poorly. We had a string of strong thunderstorms that sat to
the NW of us (the direction of JA) for several hours. Because of those storms,
on a 15% chance of rain, I had to drive back to my QTH, about an hour away, to
unplug my station. While I missed over 2 hours of operating, it really didn't
matter much. The storms, and an A index of 38, had the noise at S5-7. We crossed
midnight with just 15 QSO's. 20m never really opened in wee hours of Saturday
morning as it sometimes does. 40m was okay, but the bands were basically useless
 until Saturday afternoon with a reasonable opening on Saturday afternoon.
Reasonable is a relative term. Sunday morning was good with both 40m and 20m
doing well, but AB5EB has a job and needed to sleep in on Sunday. I had our best
hour @ 78 during that stretch. After Sunday morning we called CQ a lot, I had a
Fathers Day dinner and we shut down a bit early.
Despite the poor conditions, the station set up worked well and we confident
going to Bologna.

Radios 2 X K3S
Amps  KPA500 and Alpha 99
Antennas ; 20-10 Stacked Tribanders
            40m - Stacked Moxons
All those spread out on a 180' tower.
LBS Band Pass Filters and LBS QuadPlexer