[3830] All Asian CW KH6AQ SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, telegrapher9@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] All Asian CW KH6AQ SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 00:19:31 +0000
                    All Asian DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: KH6AQ
Operator(s): KH6AQ
Station: KH6AQ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: PAHOA, HI

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:  113    52
   20:  329   115
   15:  167    75
   10:   19    18
-------------------
Total:  628   260  Total Score = 168,220

Another fun All Asian contest. Not quite like 2022 but good enough. Conditions
were up and down with 10 meters open sporadically. Moving to 10 meters for the
late 12 minutes paid off with four mults. Although the SFI was 157-164 the
A-index was high much of the time.

I think I have sleep and food almost pretty much in now. Sleep periods were long
enough for one and sometimes two REM cycles each with a dozen probable cycles
during the 48 hour contest. Sandwiches made and waiting in the refrigerator
allowed for eating while operating. The rate was slow enough that I was able to
read over a dozen news sources, part of a book and watch TV during the 'test.
The 500 watt amp is not yet repaired so it was 100 watts for this
one-power-fits-all DX event. Asian ages ranged from the 11 year old op at BY1CY
to 91 year old JA6BWB. Thank you so much for the fun Qs and we'll work it again
next year.

FTdx-10 at 100 watts
40 meter ground plane with 2 radials up 8 ft.
Hexbeam up 33 ft.