[3830] ARRL Dig KR7D SO1R-8 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kr7d.scott@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Dig KR7D SO1R-8 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2023 17:29:34 +0000
                    ARRL Digital Contest - 2023

Call: KR7D
Operator(s): KR7D
Station: KR7D

Class: SO1R-8 LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 5:45

  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:    4
   10:    1
    6:    0
------------
Total:  102  Total Score = 1,250

Thanks for the QSOs.

I really like the 'distance-based' point scoring system.

Score as reported by N1MM+
- does not include ~3 QSOs that WSJT-X and N1MM+ did not log.
  I made paper notes, and took pictures of the WSJT-X screen.
  Seems to be related to interleaved QSOs?  That is, start
  a QSO with station A, no reply, complete a QSO with station B,
  then station A sends the exchange, and QSO completes, but it is not logged.
- includes ~20+ QSOs that apparently do not count for me.
  I did not read / understand the '24 hour clock starts with your first QSO'.
  Live and learn :)
- includes one QSO which logged without an exchange (the grid locator)
  how is that possible?  I do not think I hit a 'log it anyway' special key.
  (Obviously) ARRL log submission would not accept the QSO.  Rather than
  delete that QSO, I entered my own grid locator (obviously not correct for a
EU
  station, but I did 'make a contact'.

I wish that the 'Hold Tx Freq' was on by default.  With that off, well-meaning
participants click on my CQ, accidentally QSO on top of 'my' frequency, and
obliterate others who do the same thing, and then (unknowingly, I assume)
begin to call CQ, thus sort of stealing 'my' run frequency.

Contest: ARRLIDC
 Band   Mode  QSOs     Pts  Mul  Pt/Q
     7  FT8      4      55    0  13.8
    14  FT4     16     136    0   8.5