[3830] ARRL Dig NN7SS(K6UFO) SO2R-8 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL Dig NN7SS(K6UFO) SO2R-8 QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2023 17:12:17 +0000
                    ARRL Digital Contest - 2023

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: SO2R-8 QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 8
OpMode: SO2R
Remote Operation

Total:  255  Total Score = 2,321

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

I'm disappointed no certificates are available from 2022, and
the 2022 contest writeup was minimal, and the ARRL did little
to no promotion of this contest, and didn't do anything to
address the frequency conflicts, procedures and NIL problems.
But what the heck, lets win another category. (I won SO2R QRP
last year.)

Setup was difficult, as all the software version changes from
last year were incompatible and getting the updates and new
versions setup correctly took hours. Then I found a huge birdie
at 14.091 that I had to track down and eliminate. A final check
on PSKReporter indicated I was transmitting OK. What could go
wrong? At the first minute my 20m Left TX has no audio sent!
Checked all the individual programs, but finally just had to
close everything and restart. That fixed it and at 10 minutes
late I'm on the air! Worked fine for 45 minutes, then lost
audio again. Restart everything, rinse, repeat... At least I
had something to watch, catch and keep me occupied.

Despite my best efforts, there is no way to increase rate in
FT8, just fill every cycle with a CQ or some progress. If no
answers, stop to see if my freq is clear. Carry on... At 8 hrs
I was tired of watching for failures and restarting everything,
so 8 hrs is my category this year.

NN7SS(K6UFO)

One Flexradio 6600 at 5 watts, two PCS to seperate slices.
15m, 20m: GXP 3 el yagi at 72 feet, C3 2 el yagi at 48 ft.