[3830] NCCC FT4-Sprint AJ6V LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC FT4-Sprint AJ6V LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2023 03:42:17 +0000
                    NCCC FT4 Sprint - Jun 2

Call: AJ6V
Operator(s): AJ6V
Station: AJ6V

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): .5

   40:  11     10
   20:  15     15
   15:   1      1
Total:  27     26  Total Score = 702

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I love this contest!  Started on 15 -- made just one Q there (KH6TU).  At the
end, I called CQ on 80 for two minutes, but got no takers.  Some people don't
realize that you don't have to engage in the endless handshaking at the end of
the contact.  Just two transmissions will make for a valid contact, as long as
both callsigns are exchanged, both grids are exchanged, and there is just one R
sent.  Please see the "Guidelines & Tips" section of the NS FT4
Web page.  If you use the version of WSJT-X Improved software with the special
FT4 Sprint module written by DG2YCB, this will happen automatically for you, so
I recommend that everyone use this module.  On 20, I worked a Ukranian station,
and a Japanese station called me, but I couldn't complete the contact with him.
There was one station on 20 who didn't give me his grid, but everyone else
seemed to know what was going on, even on 20.  73, Ed AJ6V