[3830] WPX CW 9A1P(9A1UN) SOSB20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW 9A1P(9A1UN) SOSB20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 08:59:59 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: 9A1P
Operator(s): 9A1UN
Station: 9A1P

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: Mirna rigde

   20: 2244

Club: Croatian Contest Club

Comments:

Who would expect to get sleep deprivated in a WPX contest with its 36 hour
format. Friday morning had a meeting 400km away from home, got up at 04am local
and managed to get back home around sunset. Station still had to be setup for
single op, so went directly to 9A1P. Good contest start with 150 rate hour
followed by next few descending slowly. Around 08z had a short flashover in the
amp which killed some fuses. Of course I didnt have the right one on spare.
Spent the 1st pause time locating a friend with right fuses and went to pick
them up, changed and was back in track with everything working again. However no
time to sleep.
Late afternoon rates were disapointing and had to do a lot of S&P to keep
the rate going. Night brought nice condx to both USA and JA and even rate was
not really good all qsos were 3 pointers. Around 02z got myself little lost in
space and time, about 40+ hours without sleep started showing effects. Sorry for
those who may have called me at that time and got forgotten or skiped. UBN will
show how bad that was. Finnaly after sunrise went to deserved 6 hour sleep pause
and after that all went smooth till the end.
Nice to have my long time friend and opponent 9A7DX in shack, he had some good
time on 10m single band.
Enjoyed a lot competition on live scoreboard with Laci,Miki and others. It was
like a rollercoaster all the time.

I love this game

73 Dave 9A1UN

P.S. with such great condx on the bands it was disapointing to see lack of
     activity from USA, not many casual ops, not many serious efforts. Looks
     like for some reason WPX CW is skipped by many standard contesters. With
     such condx CQWW DX or ARRL would produce much bigger numbers. Time to think

     about that??