[3830] WPX CW NT6Q(N5ZO) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, marko.n5zo@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NT6Q(N5ZO) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 23:19:58 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: NT6Q
Operator(s): N5ZO
Station: N5ZO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: California
Operating Time (hrs): 36
OpMode: SO2R

  160:    1
   20: 1109

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

This is one of the only couple of international contests I try to operate full
time from home each year.  The reason is that my station is built more domestic
contests in mind and in this one we can also work U.S., so it is less boring
from left coast as there is plenty of domestic Qs to work.  Bands were very
noisy here on Friday and even more so on Sunday.
Score is up just 10 % from last year but overall there is 100 Qs less in the
log.  I did try to get more DX in log this year, and 15 m was much better to DX
this year than last year, so it really helped the score.  20 m was Ok and about
same as last year, kind of dissapointing, and 40 m was also down quite a bit and
not much DX other than JAs.  I was not optimizing operating times, and instead
front loaded it as I wanted to be done with most of the contest by Sunday
morning local time.  So I took my 1st 2 hours break after 21 hours.  It kind of
worked out Ok as conditions seemed to take a dive on Sunday anyway.  West coast
competition was almost non-existent in single op, so I tried to keep pace with
KM7W in MT until Chris ran away on Sunday and I had used up most of my op time
then anyway.  Congrats for great score with simple setup there.  Tnx for Qs de
Marko N5ZO