[3830] WPX CW OH1NA(OH1NOA) SOAB TB-Wires HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW OH1NA(OH1NOA) SOAB TB-Wires HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 05:31:06 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: OH1NA
Operator(s): OH1NOA
Station: OH1NOA

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: Pori

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

TS-2000 + 750W
R9-vertical, 40m singlepr band vertical, 15m single band vertical

This was probably my first real full time effort in a major contest from my so
called home station (at my mother's house) since early 1990s. When the contest
started, bands were in overwhelming good condition. Great Summer propagation
anomalia. Saturday was great, unfortunately Sunday wasn't - 15m and 10m never
really opened on Sunday. I never heard KH8W - except when I worked them easily
on 20m for the all time new one DXCC!

I made more qsos than anyone else in Finland before in the tribander single
element class - I just had a half of legal power and missed that tribander! 40m
was lousy to USA and the lack of 6 pointers resulted the score about 200k below
OH record. We don't have much of darkness here so low bands are challening.