[3830] WPX CW N4SS(W5MX) SOAB Unassisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW N4SS(W5MX) SOAB Unassisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 00:51:10 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: N4SS
Operator(s): W5MX
Station: W5MX

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Unassisted
QTH: KY

  160:    0
   15: 1163

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Comments:

I was hoping to put together a multi-single effort but regular team members were
doing other activites this weekend. So, I decided to go it alone as a single op,
high power, un-assisted using our club call N4SS. No rare WPX to help attract
attention hihi.

Conditions were outstanding as far as I was concerned, set aside no real opening
to EU on 10 meters. 15 and 20 were on fire, and open somewhere around the world
almost around the clock. Gotta love improved sunspots and summer propagation.
It never got boring, always someone to work. Of course the work everyone format
of the WPX sure helps!

Station worked well, no problems. Had to put back up one of my 80 meter vertical
loops that came down in a wind storm. Only made few Q's on 80 in this contest
anyways. Forgot my good headphones with the padded ear muffs at the house so had
to use my old backup pair. They are as hard as a rock on the ears. I just ook
them off for stretchs of the contest and used the radio speaker as my ears hurt
so bad. Had a chance to use my new OM Power 2000+ manual tune that I bought in
the flea market at Dayton last weekend. Needed something for 6 meters so picked
up the OM power. It works very well, but as I have seen commented, it is quite
touchy on the tuning. May try it on 6 meters tomorrow.

In any case, best 73s all and had a blast. Thank You for all the Q's!
It was great to see many of you at Dayton last weekend!

Bryan
W5MX