[3830] WPX CW KH6AQ SOAB Unassisted TB-Wires LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, telegrapher9@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KH6AQ SOAB Unassisted TB-Wires LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 00:32:52 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: KH6AQ
Operator(s): KH6AQ
Station: KH6AQ

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: Unassisted TB-Wires
QTH: Pahoa, Hawaii
Operating Time (hrs): 29:29

  160:    0
   80:    0
Total:  965  Prefixes = 431  Total Score = 1,358,081

Another fun contest! I started the contest somewhat exhausted from increased
exercise and moonbounce station setup activity during the week but felt fully
recovered by midday Saturday. Propagation was pretty good until the bands
dropped sharply Sunday morning. It seemed that 20 meters recovered first which
tell me it certainly wasn't a solar flare. I was surprised and delighted to have
worked as many aiming uphill with 100 watts. The new elevated 40 meter vertical
with 2 radials at 8' worked just fine as did the Hexbeam up 33 ft. I was going
to run assisted but couldn't get the bandmap to work so it was old fashioned
search and pounce much of the time. Fun anyway and great practice. The other
operators were great and so patient. Thanks for the QSOs and see you all next
year.

FTdx-10 at 100 watts
Hexbeam up 33' for 20, 15, 10 meters
Ground plane for 40 meters