[3830] 7QP K7QA SOCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7qa@aol.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP K7QA SOCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 May 2023 18:39:37 +0000
                    7th Call Area QSO Party - 2023

Call: K7QA
Operator(s): K7QA
Station: K7QA

Class: SOCW HP
QTH: Montana
Operating Time (hrs): 14+

   10:    0
----------------------------
Total:  942     0       0  Mults = 64  Total Score = 180,864

Club: Big Sky Contesters

Comments:

Miserable condx compared to last year. The CME really killed 15 and 10m. EU stns
were louder on 15 than stateside. QRN on those bands was brutal. When I heard
the MT Big Guns all working stns on 15 I could not hear at all, I knew I had to
retreat to 20m. Took a long dinner break when 20 played out.

40m perked up well in the early evening and 80 was productive except for the
loud static crashes from nearby storms. The newly installed beverages helped
pull out most of the weak sigs but missed quite a few calls and exchanges on
80.

Great to hear and work so many MT stns this time, including: KM7W(loud on every
band 270 miles east), NR7DX(N9RV), W7PX(K0SN), W7XT, KS7T, KD7HU, K7TQ/M, and
finally W7KF. Good to see Doug back on the radio.

ND and SD were MIA. Where were the SD regulars like MT ex-pat K7BG? Heard one
VE5 doing S&P but nil from VE1, VE9 and the usual rare Canadians.

Rig:  FTDX-101MP  SPE Amp  SkyHooks: 13 ele HB Triband yagi  2 ele HB 40m yagi
2 tower DA shunt fed 80m & 160m. Details on QRZ.com