[3830] FlQP K8MR SO MobileMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP K8MR SO MobileMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 May 2023 01:48:51 +0000
                    Florida QSO Party - 2023

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: SO MobileMixed LP
QTH: 19 Counties

   40:   198     0
   20:  1362    86
   15:   512    52
   10:    20     0
--------------------
Total:  2098   138  CW Mults = 66  Ph Mults = 37  Total Score = 890,332

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Another great drive around southern Florida! It was good to have 15 meters as a
runnable band, though I had hopes that 10 might also have been, which it was
not.

We got caught in Saturday's weather in eastern Highlands and Okechobee counties,
with heavy rain, lots of nearby cloud to ground lightning, and hail. Sat parked
in OKE for maybe half an hour waiting it out, as well as spending time while
still driving with occasional CQs on 10 which netted two QSOs. I missed the
usual hour driving through St. Pete & Tampa, where the traffic is way too
heavy to try operating while driving. Also missed some time while driving in the
darkness to find my spot to park in DES, and through construction on FL50 in
SUM.

SSB was somewhat disappointing, especially to W6/W7. The only states worked out
west on SSB were AZ and WY.

County Totals:
CHA  84
CLR  53
DES 181
GLA 151
HAR  66
HEN 149
HER 141
HIG 153
LAK 106
LEE  77
MTE 150
OKE 158
OSC  71
PAS 178
PIN 165
POL  71
SAR  72
SUM  70

Thanks to all who chased me and the others around Florida!

73  -  Jim   K8MR (Safely back in Ohio until November)