[3830] FlQP K4T(K1TO) 1x1Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1to@aol.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP K4T(K1TO) 1x1Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 May 2023 02:54:05 +0000
                    Florida QSO Party - 2023

Call: K4T
Operator(s): K1TO
Station: K1TO

Class: 1x1Mixed HP
QTH: MTE

   40:  225      37
   20:  460    1217
   15:  236     137
   10:    0       0
--------------------
Total:  921    1391  CW Mults = 1  Ph Mults = 1  Total Score = 2,312

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Remembering the White Family - W1YL, W1CW and K4OJ.

Last-minute inverted vees for 20M @50' and 40/15 @65' after Hurricane Ian
rendered all remaining HF antennas broken.  Borrowed coax, so 10M not available.

Storms kept this station off for nearly 7 hours last year.  Zero off this year,
but storms were close enough to make static a problem for many hours.

SSB was sort of a problem for this op who made lots of mistakes especially with
my own call and sent report, and stuttered tons more than in ARRL DX, probably
due to the much higher variety in this event.

On CW (and all digital modes), nobody knows you're a dog...

1x1 implications:  All Qs are equal, no mults, so final score is just the sum of
the valid Qs.  No club competition.  Why?  To maximize focus on the 1x1 sweepers
by keeping the 1x1s CQ as much as practical.

The FQP may be my only foray onto HF below 10M, as 6M still holds most of my
attention.

vy 73, Dan