[3830] UK/EI DX CW W1WBB SO(A)12 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] UK/EI DX CW W1WBB SO(A)12 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2023 16:54:56 +0000
                    UK/EI DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: W1WBB
Operator(s): W1WBB
Station: W1WBB

Class: SO(A)12 LP
QTH: RI
Operating Time (hrs): 10+

   80:    4       2          2
   40:   50      20         11
   20:  106      33         23
   15:   42      20          8
   10:    2       2          0
----------------------------------
Total:  204      77         44  Total Score = 74,899

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

Contest: UKEIDXCW
 Band     QSOs     Pts  DXC  DIS  Pt/Q
   3.5       4      22    2    2   5.5
     7      50     230   20   11   4.6
    14     106     267   33   23   2.5
    21      42      98   20    8   2.3
    28       2       2    2    0   1.0
 Total     204     619   77   44   3.0
Score: 74,899
1 Mult = 1.7 Q's

Solar indices were not great for this event.  Very high solar winds, K-index
primarily at 3 or above and no opening from NA to Eu om 10m (that path has been
quite poor the last 45 days).

Participation was almost entirely from Eu stations.  Overall, U.K./EI QSOs made
up 28% of my log as I hunted their high contact point value plus mults (28 of
155 unique District Codes were logged).  Missed GI, GJ and GU  I was in S&P
mode for 95% of my QSO's...running with Low Power was unproductive for me.

Worked others participating in Helvetia (HB9) and Brazil contests plus a few SES
contacts as well.  Nice to work many excellent CW ops in this one.  Thanks for
the contacts!  I continue to enjoy posting and watching the on-line Contesting
Scoreboard...and encourage others to do so too.  For my chosen category, LP(A) I
appeared very competitive for the 'DX Outside Eu' Region.

73,  Bill  W1WBB

Icom IC-7300 at 100 watts output and MFJ-929 Auto Tuner; 5-band [10m-20m]
Hexbeam (hub at 32 ft), 88 ft doublet up ~40 ft on 40m, 80m dipole sloping from
~55 ft down to 30 ft at feed; occasional use of: 40m Delta Loop (vert polarized,
apex up ~50 ft; broadside SE/NW) plus 40m corner-fed Half Square (up 30 ft;
E/W).
N1MM Plus Logger, WinKeyer USB CW interface, Vibroplex paddle.  LoTW, Club Log,
and QRZ.com