[3830] 432SprngSprnt AJ6T Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, AJ6T@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] 432SprngSprnt AJ6T Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2023 01:28:58 +0000
                    432 MHz Spring Sprint - 2023

Call: AJ6T
Operator(s): AJ6T
Station: AJ6T

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EM66GM

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

After an exciting time in the 222 MHz Sprint last week, the 432 MHz Sprint was a
disappointment despite running more power and a bigger antenna.  I was unable to
complete with K9MRI (321 miles) who I reach consistently on 222 MHz.  NV4B/R was
loud (+4) on FT8 from Lookout Mountain, and AG4V was good copy on CW at 169
miles.  My best DX was AA9MY in EN50FM at 298 miles (FT8).  In the last 10
minutes of the contest I ran a MSK144 sked with K1WHS hoping to at least hear a
ping from Dave but nothing was heard.  There was a lot of drift and scatter on
all signals, some of it probably from aircraft scatter.
Rig: FT857D + 100 watt TE Systems amplifier with mast mount ARR preamp
Antenna: M2 21 elements at 30 feet
73, Walt, AJ6T, EM66GM