[3830] 432SprngSprnt VE3MIS(VA3ELE) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 432SprngSprnt VE3MIS(VA3ELE) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 01:52:55 +0000
                    432 MHz Spring Sprint - 2023

Call: VE3MIS
Operator(s): VA3ELE
Station: VE3MIS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Well, the contest started off great, lots of stations on SSB and CW, then the
FT-8 show began and the band went silent except 432.174.

It was truly a pleasure to hear some familiar voices and even the CW. I even
managed to work Bill VE3CRU/R with his 11el yagi and just 1watt from 2 grids
around 80km away. Another treat was working Sasha VE3SVF(13 yrs old) on his
dipole and also just 1watt, maybe 20km away. These QSOs are what makes it fun!
Its all about digging deep into the noise, I thought that's why its called weak
signal.. right?

Things that really bother me??? Ops talking about their QSO DURING the QSO, not
like FT8 makes it that much easier already. Oh well, I guess this hobby has lost
its luster for some of me.

73 de Peter VA3ELE