[3830] NA Sprint SSB N1LN HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bemeier@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB N1LN HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 11:40:58 +0000
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - April

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC

   80:   57       1
   40:   91     1.5
   20:   96     1.5
---------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Another fun SSB Sprint with good participation but the conditions not as good as
initially expected. 20 was pretty good and delivered most of the mults. When I
moved to 40 I expected good conditions to continue, but not to be. The
Woodpecker QRM above 7200 didn't help at all, but also the band was strange. Not
long, not short, just not good. 80 was good but most Qs were east of the
Mississippi.

Also surprised not to get RI, VT, NM, and NJ in the log. However, most surprised
not to work anyone from NC. I asked a couple times if I was the only NC the
worked and they said YES! What happened to other NC Hams?

Mults heard but not worked - VE4. Was just out of sync and never made it work.

Finally, great to hear so many new Sprinters on the air. One suggestion. Sure
would appreciate it if they would read the info about the EXCHANGE. Most were
out of order so impossible to know who was staying on the frequency and even
harder if they didn't give their call at all. I am sure next time will be
better.

Thanks for the Qs and 4 hours of fun and the opportunity to use my new K4D in a
SSB contest for the first time.

73,
Bruce N1LN