[3830] YOTA KF6NCX SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] YOTA KF6NCX SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 04:49:18 +0000
                    YOTA Contest - 2023

Call: KF6NCX
Operator(s): KF6NCX
Station: KF6NCX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA

   15:   3      0      3
   10:
---------------------------
Total:   3      0      3  Total Score = 9

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks for the qsos.  I tried the YOTA contest for an hour between about 1600
and 1700 Z just to see what level of activity there would be. I did not hear
much activity.  Among 10, 15 and 20 meters, only 15 was open.  I heard one
station calling CQ near 21.012 and worked him.  I called CQ myself some and got
two qsos that way. In one of those cases, the respondent didn't realize I was in
a contest, but when I asked his age, he provided it, so I was able to count
him.

I checked 10, 15 and 20 meters for phone participants in the contest but didn't
hear any, and I didn't try calling cq on phone.

I was running 400 watts and using an end-fed wire antenna.

73,  Larry