[3830] CQMM DX AB1J SOSB/15 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQMM DX AB1J SOSB/15 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 14:04:44 +0000
                    CQMM DX Contest - 2023

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SOSB/15 LP
QTH: Waltham, MA
Operating Time (hrs): 9:25

   80:
   40:    7
   20:   17     17
   15:  157
   10:    5
----------------------
Total:  157     17  Countries = 43  Total Score = 36,180

Club: CW for the People

Comments:

This is a 15m single band report, but I did work other bands a little bit now
and then.  I thought 15m would be the happenin' band, but not so. I am grateful
to the sponsors for providing a single band category.

When I got up around 1100z Saturday, conditions were in the potty. Signals were
mostly average to weak. There was a strong spotlight effect on the band.

It would be nice to have some other suffixes on the exchange (in addition to M,
C, Y, Q) to keep us on our toes. For examples, R for Rookies and S for Seniors
over a certain age.

Conditions were a little better on Sunday, but things were still slow. I found
it convenient to operate for a while, then take a break to do something else. It
was a nice day, so I did yardwork and had leisurely meals.

I was surprised how low my SA prefix count was. There weren't as many SAs as I
expected. Overall, activity seemed low. This is too bad as the contest is well
promoted by the sponsors. My expectations were higher but maybe they were based
on days of yore when we were living "la vida covida."

73,
Ken, AB1J

Flex 6500
N1MM Logger+  ViewProp
Transmit antenna: outdoor 66' outdoor stealth wire with indoor counterpoise; old
manual Dentron tuner
Receive antenna:  15m attic dipole (lower noise)
LoTW  eQSL  ClubLog