[3830] CQMM DX N9TF SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQMM DX N9TF SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 03:32:43 +0000
                    CQMM DX Contest - 2023

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Clarksville TN
Operating Time (hrs): 9.4

   80:
   40:   33      0
   20:   73      8
   15:   71      8
   10:   23     13
----------------------
Total:  200     29  Countries = 45  Total Score = 64,084

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Not the best of conditions for a 100 watt station with only a 6btv. 15m was the
best band for DX. 28 of the 45 DXC were on 15m. Hearing long and short path on a
vertical is quite interesting. It's more like multi-multi path with several
echos. Really chops up and distorts the CW signal. Quite a few far NE EU and
Russia ops came through both mornings on 15m with very heavy multi path. Stayed
on their freq after the contact just to make sure I got the calls correct! Prop
to SA (15m) was also strange. Some PY's were loud with no flutter or distortion
while others were weak and fluttery. I struggled several times with even very
strong SA stations to be heard. EU was generally no problem. Not an lot of DX
heard on 20m the times I was searching there. 10m was a struggle to be heard in
SA and not a lot of EU heard there as well. 15m seemed to be the best from this
station.
Played in 3 state QPs at the same time, so bounced back and forth during my PT
BIC time here and there. N1MM clock said 9.4 hours, but it was probably more
like 7-8 hours with all the bouncing around with the clock running.
Fun contest. I like the multiplier scoring and extra points for Y/M/ and Qrp
stations.

73 Gene, N9TF
K3S 100 watts to 6btv on the ground.