[3830] OnQP VA3CCO(VE3VN) SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3vn.fn25@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] OnQP VA3CCO(VE3VN) SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2023 23:02:33 +0000
                    Ontario QSO Party - 2023

Call: VA3CCO
Operator(s): VE3VN
Station: VE3VN

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 6+

  160:    2      0      2
   80:   49     18     35
   40:  112     38     63
   20:   90     44     47
   15:   36     12     20
   10:    6      0      5
---------------------------
Total:  295    112    172  Total Score = 130,548

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

As Vlad (VE3TM/VE3CCO) noted, quite a few were confused by the similarity of our
calls. From the comments I received there are quite a few busted calls out
there. I wonder if they noticed the different counties.

For a variety of reasons I put in only a fraction of the time I should have, and
that was SO1R. The station was working perfectly, it was just me. I think I made
only about 35%-40% of the contacts I did last year when I was also a bonus
station.

The number of concurrent contests was a trial, as it always is for OQP. I was
amazed by how many ND stations I worked until I realized that they, too, have a
QSO party this weekend. Some of the CQMM callers were converted into QSOs but
many were not. I must have sounded lonely on SSB because many of the callers
were not in the contest and wanted to help out. Luckily the exchange is simple
and easily explained.