[3830] CQMM DX N7RCS SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N7RCS@icloud.com
Subject: [3830] CQMM DX N7RCS SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2023 21:26:44 +0000
                    CQMM DX Contest - 2023

Call: N7RCS
Operator(s): N7RCS
Station: N7RCS

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: SFL

   80:    1      0
   40:   33      2
   20:   45      4
   15:  143     11
   10:   38      6
----------------------
Total:  260     23  Countries = 47  Total Score = 73,430

The CQMM DX contest has become one of my favorites. Propagation conditions were
challenging this year from SFL, lots of QRN which I suspect was caused by local
weather conditions.
Saturday: strong QRN on 40m, 20m,15m. Very heavy QRN on 40m and 20m during
Saturday afternoon and evening. Unable to hear any signals on those bands.
Saturday evening: QSB on 15m, strong signals from S. America but no TEP
propagation from my SFL QTH to make Qs. Strong signals on 15m during Saturday
evening. After 0000z on Saturday, 40m and 20m opened. Later I worked ZL2AB at
about 0200Z on 15m, quite a surprise as he came back to my first call. Hat tip
to the engineers at HyEndFed antennas! Their 80-10m EFHW performed flawlessly.
Early Sunday morning QRN was very heavy on 40m and 20m. Conditions improved over
the day. In the end 15m was key to my results, accounting for over half my Qs.
Station setup: KX3/PX3 at 5w to an 80m-10m EFHW up about 35 feet in a horizontal
L supported by an array 5 Spiderbeam masts. Software: N1MM+. Thanks to the CWJF
Group for putting on this fun competition! See you in 2024.