[3830] OnQP VE3CCO(VE3TM) SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vs.lists@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] OnQP VE3CCO(VE3TM) SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2023 20:34:38 +0000
                    Ontario QSO Party - 2023

Call: VE3CCO
Operator(s): VE3TM
Station: VE3TM

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: Ottawa FN25cj
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0      0      0
   80:   32      0     23
   40:   87     25     51
   20:   81     25     31
   15:  144      3     24
   10:    2      0      1
    6:    0      0      0
    2:    0      0      0
---------------------------
Total:  346     53    130  Total Score = 104,130

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

My Plan was to enjoy activation of the bonus station, but...
A recent strong wind storm left the driving element of my A3S bent at some 45
deg. Hence no adequate performance anymore until the antenna is brought down for
repair.
The same wind storm broke enormous quantity of branches of trees across Ottawa,
my backyard included. 2 large broken branches are still hung up on a tree to
fall one day... A few others fell down and broke my 10 m monobander. I have
repaired it and released some space on the backyard for other branches to fall
later and cause less damage or eventually no damage at all. I though, it's over.
No way.
On Saturday morning, just a few hours before the OnQP, a large broken branch
fell down from a tree in the backyard of my neighbours (!!!) and hit the fence
to my backyard. One of guide wires of 5BTV vertical along with a half of its
raised radials were broken. As it is my main Low Bands antenna, I spent the
whole Saturday morning repairing it. I returned it back to life but only so-so
so far. The best SWR on 40 m is 1.5 for some 50KHz in the CW subband and close
to infinity in the SSB one. Hence just a handful of SSB QSOs on 40 m.
Other than that, I really enjoyed the OnQP and the opportunity to use the bonus
call-sign. I really had fun with that, even regardless the fact that due to
antennas' problems I made less QSOs than last year when I was operating CW,
only. Besides, quite some people were confused by having VA3CCO and VE3CCO
operated simultaneously, but it is just yet another challenge.
Thank you for all the QSOs!