[3830] OnQP VE3GFN SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] OnQP VE3GFN SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2023 18:19:34 +0000
                    Ontario QSO Party - 2023

Call: VE3GFN
Operator(s): VE3GFN
Station: VE3GFN

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: TOR

  160:    1             1
   80:   21      1     17
   40:  120     41     60
   20:   45            30
   15:   27      2     20
   10:    3             3
---------------------------
Total:  217     44    131  Total Score = 67,858

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Well, this was not a sterling weekend for the QP ... conditions seemed to be
rather poor, and there were far too many conflicting contests over the weekend.

In general, I found S/P to be pretty much a waste of time, except for
cherry-picking the Canuck stations I would see on the bandmap. 80% of my
activity was running, which proved to be pretty productive ... if it had not
been, I would have abandoned the contest some time on Friday.

Everything seemed to work okay, except my contesting keyboard decided to
disconnect itself from the extension cable at the start of the contest, and I
lost 5 minutes figuring that one out!  The tribander worked for the entire
weekend, and only burped at me at the very end.

I used the 7610 recorded message facility a lot during my SSB ops, calling those
messages from N1MM ... works a treat, except that I do so little SSB
contesting, I have to figure out how to do it, each time.

This year's score is way down from the last time I entered, about 3 years ago
... what happened to this new sunspot cycle?  73 Mike VE3GFN