[3830] 144SprngSprnt N0URW Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 144SprngSprnt N0URW Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 07:13:56 +0000
                    144 MHz Spring Sprint - 2023

Call: N0URW
Operator(s): N0URW
Station: N0URW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EN41

My goal was to make at least 25 contacts.
 I'm not in a high population area. So every contact I make is well beyond line
of sight.
 Band conditions were pretty good NE/E/SE.
 Lots of noise coming from the solar panels my neighbor put up just North of
me.
 I started out on SSB for the first two hours.
 Listened more than called cq.
 Made contacts to almost everyone I heard in all directions.
 Only rover I completed contacts with was K9JK/R in all 4 grids he went to.
 Switched over to FT8 for the 3rd hour to catch a few more.
 The last hour I switched between SSB and FT8.
 Like someone else commented, It was like a ghost town the last hour.
 After it was over I find I made 34 contacts and 17 grids.
 Surpassed my goal and then some !!!
 My longest FT8 contact was to VA3IKE at 455 miles.
 My longest SSB contact goes to K8TQK at 462 miles.
 My last contact of the night with only a few minutes to spare goes to AG4V on
FT8 at 453 miles.
 His signal was so loud on FT8 we should of tried SSB.
 For a long time I have had a problem hearing weak stations that could easily
hear my big signal.
 I have tried a lot of different radios over the years. Then someone suggested I
try a transverter.
 I finally found a setup that receives so good, I can hear weak stations that
can barely hear me.
 My Setup now:  Icom 7300 HF radio tuned to 50 MHz.
 Q5 Signal transverter 50 MHz in 144 MHz out.
 W6PQL legal limit amplifier.
 One 18xxx yagi at 60 feet. (my winter antenna setup)
 Look for me next week on 222 MHz.
 Until we meet again, 73 all.