[3830] 144SprngSprnt VA3ELE/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va3ele@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] 144SprngSprnt VA3ELE/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2023 19:38:03 +0000
                    144 MHz Spring Sprint - 2023

Call: VA3ELE/R
Operator(s): VA3ELE
Station: VA3ELE/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: GTA

Total:  QSOs = 47  Mults = 26  Total Score = 1,222

Club: Ontario VHF Association

Comments:

Thanks everyone for their QSOs, I appreciate them all!

My sentiment towards roving continues on the decline since the FT8 incline hi.
It still saddens me to sit in my truck screaming out CQs on SSB, FM or CW
without replies or scanning the band and not hearing anyone calling CQ, while
hearing constant signals on FT8 in the range of s9! This time I only ran a HALO
and sometimes setup a 4el yagi on a tripod beside my truck. This worked well
when stations actually tried to work on SSB or CW, but the biggest issue is the
wasted time on failed attempts running FT8 because of typical issues of clock
sync or scattered or drifting signals by airplane scatter or other multi
pathing. Several times I had to hit stop and grab the mic, yell out to the
station I was trying for a few minutes without success, only to complete the QSO
in less than a full 15sec. cycle of FT8.

I doubt I will do any more roving, its just not fun anymore if you have to sit
in a truck and stare at a laptop screen.

Maybe time to create an ANALOG only CLASS ????

73 de Peter VA3ELE/no more R