[3830] GaQP DL3DXX(@DF0SAX) Single OpCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] GaQP DL3DXX(@DF0SAX) Single OpCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2023 11:43:30 +0000
                    Georgia QSO Party - 2023

Call: DL3DXX
Operator(s): DL3DXX
Station: DF0SAX

Class: Single OpCW HP
QTH: JO61VE

  160:    0
   10:    7
    6:    0
--------------------
Total:  251     0  CW Mults = 93  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 46,686

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

This was my 17th participation in the famous Georgia QSO party.
Since last years high bands have improved but only a few stations found their
way to 15 and 10m. However I got AD4EB convinced several times for a quick 15m
QSY afther his pileup has thinned out on 20.
Sorry that the number of mobiles has decreased. I dont know about Phone but in
CW I found 2 mobiles on Saturday and 3 mobiles on Sunday.
It is the number of mobiles making the difference between a lazy and a hot QSO
party!
There were a number of fixed Georgia stations available on Saturday but Sunday
was mostly "hunt the mobiles" because most of the fixed stations were
already in log.
My hat off to the mobiles who made the party worth to take part. What a hunt...
10m opened up into Georgia on Sunday between 14 and 16z for a few contacts.
15m was open all the day long with the last contact at local midnight!
20m offered only weak signals early afternoon but band improved in the evening
and stayed open all night long.
40m was like expected but 80m signals were weaker compared to previous years
with a lot of fading. It needed the right moment to make the contact. Working
AD4EB and N4N on 80m - they seemed to had no QRN/QRM at all - was often easier
than getting heard by the loud fixed stations.
160m I never tried.
251 QSOs are in the expected range but only 93 multipliers is owed to the lack
of more mobile stations. The unbelievable results in 2013: 419 QSOs and 2016:
142 Counties probably will never come back - or do they ?
CUAGN next year
Dietmar DL3DXX