[3830] JIDX CW K3EST(@N6RP) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bobk3est@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] JIDX CW K3EST(@N6RP) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 02:32:48 +0000
                    JIDX CW Contest - 2023

Call: K3EST
Operator(s): K3EST N6RO WD6T WU6P WX5S
Station: N6RP

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 30
Remote Operation

  160:   12    10
   80:  119    39
   40:  376    46
   20:  260    43
   15:  330    44
   10:  313    43
-------------------
Total: 1410   225  Total Score = 422,550

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

160/80 N6RO first night, WU6P second night:
First night: Just like last year, the first JA about 0915Z, close to their
sunset. Most sigs were weak until 10Z when t-storm noise abated. 160 was
disappointing, CQ drew two JAs late in the 11Z hour, none after that.
Second night: 80m on 2nd night was not open till 09Z. When it was open, the
propagation path to JP was good, most signals were reasonably strong. 160m
propagation on 2nd night was better than first night. It started to open at 11Z,
but all signals are super weak for first 45 mins and needed many iterations to
get the QSO done. At 12Z, conditions got a little better.
40 WX5S: Right from 0700 JA was workable. As the night progressed many JAs
checked in. Missed 29 and 47 mainland prefectures. The band was open until
1400z.
20 K3EST, WD6T, WU6P:  Since condx were good, 20 became a tough band to navigate
for Qs. Fortunately, condx cooperated. 20 was open the full 30 hours to JA. Some
times were sparse others very good. At the start of the contest, midnight in
California, JA was solid until 1000z then became slow. During the day time JAs
were on 15 and 10 and 20 was abandoned by most JAs. The second night was open
well but activity was down. Hard to work JAs on 20 until around 0300: most were
pointed to EU and couldn’t us..
15 WD6T: 15 was good but jidx could use more participants.  Most guys were
multi-banners.  Lots of JA SOTA guys, but they often had big JA pileups. If they
heard me, they were happy to give JCC when asked.
10 K3EST: What a pleasure to have 10 back!  It was open well for about 6 hours.
Never lots calling but a steady stream of JAs.
We did not work 29, Fukui on any band and only 1 station in 47, Okinawa. Also 37
was not well represented.
Thanks to all the JAs that we logged!  Only K3EST and N6RO were on site. All
others were remote. Remote might be technical interesting and FB for distant ops
but it is socially sterile…
Thanks to Ken, N6RO for the use of his fine station.