[3830] IG-RY RTTY KG4IGC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IG-RY RTTY KG4IGC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2023 19:12:57 +0000
                    IG-RY WW RTTY Contest - 2023

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: South Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 9:41

   80:    7     6
   40:   25    22
   20:   59    40
   15:   50    36
   10:   23    21
-------------------
Total:  164   125  Total Score = 20,500

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

Another weekend of rainy weather, another weekend with poor conditions on all
bands for a RTTY contest. Lots of QSB and QRN on 20 meters. Minimal EU as they
were very weak. 15 meters seemed to be the best band, worked mostly eastern EU
Saturday. At one point around 1600 15 got quiet and I ran into HS3NBR NOI in
Thailand, and was hearing him about a 3x4 copy. I tried calling a few times but
did not have any sucess. He was answering calls rather quickly, so I imagine he
had a pileup that I could not hear. I did however work HZ1TT from Saudi Arabia
on 15 meters. Saturday night on 40/80 was extremely slow, so called it a night
early. I got up 5AM the Sunday and unfortunetely 40/80 had zero RTTY stations.
10 stayed closed most of the day Saturday, worked a few South American stations
and a few EU on Sunday. Worked fellow SFCG member K7OM on 40, 15, and 10 meters,
always good to hear Teds booming signal.Sunday the bands just wasn't there so
very few Q's were made, so I just set a goal of breaking 20,000 points which I
somehow managed to do.

Rig: Yaesu FT-DX3000 SDRPlay for Panadapter
PWR: 100 Watts
ANT:272\\\' Loop, 2X Super Loops, NA4RR Hex Antenna, Maco V/58,  Ground mounted
Gap Challenger

Live in South Carolina and enjoy contesting? Check out SC\'s premier contesting
club representing the great state of South Carolina!  We would love to have you
as a member of our contesting team! Individual, family, & student
memberships available. For more info go to:
https://www.swampfoxcontestgroup.com/