[3830] NMQP KU5B Mobile Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, colin@ku5b.com
Subject: [3830] NMQP KU5B Mobile Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2023 03:02:42 +0000
                    New Mexico QSO Party - 2023

Call: KU5B
Operator(s): KU5B
Station: KU5B

Class: Mobile Multi-Op LP
QTH:

----------------------------
Total:  742     0       0  Mults = 54  Total Score = 230,272

First and foremost, a HUGE thanks to Ellie for driving me around all day. We had
a great time and she was a trooper for keeping us on or, many times, ahead of
schedule! Of course, I did promise her that we would have a late lunch in San
Antonio at The Owl Cafe as we had stopped at the Buckhorn Tavern a couple of
weeks ago and needed to decide for ourselves which of the two establishments had
the best green chile cheeseburgers. Our opinions differed :)

To all my radio friends that followed me around throughout the day, a massive
thanks. You're the ones that make this enjoyable. Conditions seemed to be in
pretty good shape. I felt very loud on 20m and as the sun began to set on the
East Cost that feeling transferred to 40m. The only issue I have with this
set-up is that when I introduce the laptop and keyer into the equation, I have
major RF issues on 10m so I'll need to diagnose that before the next outing. I
moved to Santa Fe in July of last year for work and haven't had the opportunity
to do much radio in the state until now, but NX5M has been really gracious to
get a remote setup going back in Texas so I'm able to fuel my radio habit every
now and then.

Thanks also to the Georgia folks for coming to work me when you could. Nice to
have the exchanges match up with the other QSO parties this year.

Hope to see some of you in Italy for WRTC!

FT-891
ATAS-120A
CQ/X by NO5W

73,