[3830] LaQP N0AC(@N0AC/M) RoverCW-Dig LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] LaQP N0AC(@N0AC/M) RoverCW-Dig LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2023 00:04:45 +0000
                    Louisiana QSO Party - 2023

Call: N0AC
Operator(s): N0AC
Station: N0AC/M

Class: RoverCW-Dig LP
QTH: La
Operating Time (hrs): 5 1/2

   40:      4
   20:    315
   15:     75
Total:    394       0         68           0  Total Score = 39,468

Club: Iowa DX and Contest Club

Comments:

A big thanks goes to my wife who drives and puts up with my radio excursions.

Thanks also goes to the contest sponsors who support the party.

Finally thanks to all those that got on the air for the 2023 LaQSO Party. The
contest would not work without you.

Do to a late breakfast we got a 20 minute late start but the breakfast venue was
well worth the stop. Our first hour was pretty shaky. A last minute route change
went south and I had to focus my attention on getting us back on track and try
to operate at the same time. Finally about 1520z we were back underway and I
could focus all my attention on making QSOs. With so many bands open these days
I was going to try to give time to 10-40m. As it turned out the money band was
20m. 40m was a bust and 15m was slim. I tried 10m but found every time I keyed
the transmitter RF got into the logging computer and I lost Winkeyer keying.
After reading 3830 reports it looks like I didn't miss anything. Mid-afternoon
the logging computer decided to re-boot and I had to do some N1MM logger
maintenance. Luckily I was able to recover the log. Power line QRM was terrible
and only the loudest stations were able to make it through those times. I hope
this doesn't sound too much like a sob story. Things actually worked well.

The big numbers this time go to the DX stations. DL3DXX-16, DL3GA-12, OM2VL-10.
The other DX worked was HB9DCM, F8PDR, and LY5W. The only domestic station with
at least 10 QSOs was KA6BIM.

The highlight of the Louisiana QSO Party was a dinner date with Art, KZ5D, and
his wife Connie. Art and I work regularly in the Wednesday CWTs and Thursday
night NS Sprints. What a treat to have an eye ball QSO.

Bill, N0AC and Donna, XYL