[3830] SP DX W1XX SO 3Band HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1xx@cox.net
Subject: [3830] SP DX W1XX SO 3Band HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2023 19:32:57 +0000
                    SP DX Contest - 2023

Call: W1XX
Operator(s): W1XX
Station: W1XX

Class: SO 3Band HP
QTH: RI
Operating Time (hrs): 14.7

   40:   58     28     16
   20:  115    114     16
   15:  128    127     16
   10:
---------------------------
Total:  301    269     48  Total Score = 82,080

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

Rich's (K1CC) comments covered the atmospheric challenges in the Northeast
well.
A quick peek at 80 meters around 10 PM Local convinced me to get some sleep
instead.  Even 40 meters -- my usual bread-n-butter band -- had Qs way down.

But this is a fabulous contest checking all the boxes for a well administered
affair. One of the neatest features is that Qs must be CFM during adjudication
by both ends of the Q,  Incorrect logging of call or exchange by either sending
or receiving station yields "bad QSO" = zero points.  Either op could
be at fault.  This tends to put the brakes on CW stations sending serial #s at
breakneck speeds or worse yet with cut numbers (leading zeroes
excepted)...caring not a twit if copied correctly or not. All contests should
adopt this rule.

Congratulation to the sponsors for a FB contest.  The SP Contest is a model for
the perfect single country (or region) type DX contest.