[3830] SP DX N9TF SOABCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] SP DX N9TF SOABCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2023 19:48:19 +0000
                    SP DX Contest - 2023

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: Clarksville TN
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

   20:    5             4
   15:   51            15
   10:
---------------------------
Total:   56     0      19  Total Score = 3,192

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Bands were kinda crappy from the perspective of a 100 watt station and a single
multiband (6BTV) vertical radiator. I was hoping 10m Saturday morning would have
showed a nice opening to SP. Instead, prop was to SA, and any EU was weak at my
noise floor. 15 was really the only band the propagated well enough to SP to
play on. 20 not so good in the afternoon, but did make some Qs there. I was
playing in 4 other contests and would check back from time to time to see how
the lower bands were doing. Heard a few SP on 40, but none heard me. Very
strange conditions indeed! Had fun searching for SP provinces. Only missed one,
"S" for a sweep.
It was amazing to hear many signals loud and booming from SP on 15, and then the
next station down the band required headphones to hear. SP ops were all patient
with my sometimes weak signal, and hung in there to get the exchange. All in
all, a fun PT effort. Thanks for all the Qs!

73 Gene, N9TF
K3S 100 watts to 6BTV on the ground.