[3830] TBDC K3KU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, artboyars@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC K3KU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 18:34:45 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Spring

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 3:34

Total:  QSOs = 159  Total Score = 446

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

The Organizer's website does say that activity is not as high as in some
contests, and I sure do agree.  Nonetheless, a few hours of fun Saturday evening
and 10 minutes Sunday morning.

The band seemed quiet, but not so propagat-y.  My only DX was PJ2 and NP2, and
they were harder than usual.  I did hear the the NP2 work a DL, but I heard no
Europe.

Saturday evening as I was running out of gas I heard a Montana station S&P.
So, I called CQ for a few more minutes and he answered, for my only 10-point
QSO.  Just before that I got Colorado for 8 points.  A Sunday morning CQ
brought Nebraska -- and he reports being QRP, so I guess the 6 points will get
doubled.  Or something.

Sunday morning when I turned on the radio I forgot to push the button to engage
the autotuner.  I did not notice the omission because the rig was perfectly
happy with the 200-ft dipole.  It did not used to be like that.  I think.
Requires further investigation.