[3830] ARRLDX SSB VE3NZ SOSB10 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, qrp.ben@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB VE3NZ SOSB10 QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2023 20:29:51 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: VE3NZ
Operator(s): VE3NZ
Station: VE3NZ

Class: SOSB10 QRP
QTH: GTA
Operating Time (hrs): 12:30

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:    0     0
   20:    0     0
   15:    0     0
   10:  218    59
-------------------
Total:  218    59  Total Score = 38,586

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

I could participate only part-time on this weekend, so I decided to have fun in
the little pistol QRP category on 10M.
The first night Toronto had a severe winter storm, by Saturday morning there was
more than 20 inches of snow on our driveway. I had to start the contest with an
hour of snow shoveling, otherwise the XYL could not get the car out of the
garage.
For sure it was a good warming-up exercise.
By the time I got to the mic, the band was in top shape, the pileups covered it
wall-to-wall.
I tried a few times calling CQ, but no luck. Probably I could not hold a run
frequency with 5 Watt anyway. All my QSOs in the log were S&P.
It is amazing how good operators the big gun stations have. Most of my calls
were answered at once. I had to give up on a few potential multipliers though,
when the pileup was too big on their frequency.
I enjoyed very much the limited time I could spend in the contest.

Thanks for the QSOs and for the patience to dig out my weak signal from the
QRM.

Best 73'
Ben  VE3NZ